See Us for Tooth Extractions in Burien, WA
At New Wave Dental Smiles, our goal is to help you preserve your natural teeth whenever possible. However, if you have a tooth that is severely damaged or infected, our Burien, WA dentist may recommend a tooth extraction which is the complete removal of a tooth. We understand that it can be stressful and worrisome to learn you need to have a tooth removed. However, we’ll provide you with anesthesia to ensure you don’t feel any pain while the tooth is being removed from your mouth.
Reasons for West Seattle Tooth Extractions
Dr. Bajwa may recommend an extraction in the following situations:
- Extensive decay or damage of a tooth
- Severe infection of a tooth
- Impacted wisdom teeth
- In preparation for orthodontic treatment if there is overcrowding of the teeth
Signs Indicating You May Need a Tooth Extraction
If you’re experiencing any of the following signs that may indicate you need to have a tooth extracted, we encourage you to contact our office right away:
- Intense discomfort or pain in a tooth or your jaw
- Pain or discomfort when biting down or chewing
- Any signs of pus or bleeding around a tooth
What to Expect
When you visit us to have a tooth extracted, you can expect the following to occur:
- Dr. Bajwa will numb your tooth, jawbone, and gums that surround the area with a local anesthetic.
- During the extraction process, you will not feel any pain but you will feel quite a bit of pressure. This pressure is from the process of firmly rocking the tooth in order to widen the socket for removal.
- Once the tooth has been removed, the area will be thoroughly cleaned and gauze will be applied to stop the bleeding
After an extraction, we may recommend replacing that missing tooth with a dental implant that will look, feel, and function just like the tooth you lost. Other tooth replacement options we may recommend include dentures and dental bridges. Before you leave our office, we’ll provide you with some aftercare instructions to help ensure the area heals completely without any problems developing.
Contact New Wave Dental Smiles
If you have any questions about our West Seattle tooth extractions, please feel free to get in touch with us for the answers you need! To set up a time to see Dr. Bajwa to find out if you need an extraction, please request an appointment today. We look forward to providing you with the comfortable, pain-free dental care you need!